Is it just me, or does 25 seem way older than 24?
Something about being a quarter century old seems a little insane (though I recognize the subjectivity of that statement).
As I move into my next year on Earth, I am, again, looking back at the lessons this past year brought. 24, overall, was a good year. It was a challenging year, and I learned a lot, but I’m better off for it all. I felt good about 24 at its outset, and that feeling delivered. I’m downright excited for 25. As I take these lessons from 24 into 25, I have confidence that my time as a quarter centurion will be memorable:
1. Life is too short to spend in toxic situations with people who don’t lift you up.
2. Mindsets don’t change overnight…it takes time and energy and practice.
3. Inner change starts with personal awareness.
4. Not everybody has a growth mindset, and that’s not something you can force on someone.
5. Saying negative things about someone for no better reason than that you don’t like the way they are as a person doesn’t accomplish much of anything. It may feel good in the moment, but moments are fleeting. Your unkind words say more about you.
6. Focusing less on other people’s (often perceived and sometimes totally inaccurate) problems and focusing more on what I can do to lift myself up is all around for the best. Continue reading “24 Things I Learned at 24”