I’m continuing to discover that it’s the little things that matter most.
Currently, these include:
- Having a third of my students come up to me to hug me as I leave class for the day.
- Eating out by myself and successfully ordering food completely in Thai.
- Working one on one with a student and seeing his concentration as he really tries to take something away from the lesson.
- Getting a ride home from work from a group of Thai teachers–just because they can.
- Getting a ride to work from a student’s parent on the back of his motorbike–again, just because he can.
- Waking up early enough to see the sunrise.
- High fives in class, all day, every day.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Popsicles at lunch break.
- Watching the sunset.
- Being here. Right now.